Let Smart Manufacturing Bring Your Company Light Years Ahead in Production Efficiency
Smart manufacturing is the digitized dream of the future. In a nutshell, smart manufacturing relies on using data analytics to boost production efficiency—No more guessing at why and when production will fail and then wasting valuable time finding a fix for it. Put a stop to human errors to increase efficiency and quality, while boosting cost-effectiveness.
Today, the future success of your work-in-process (WIP) depends upon smart manufacturing too:
- Reduce manual data entry at each step
- Collect information throughout the product value chain, increasing visibility for each product line
- Automate routine tasks and decision-making, calling in personnel whenever hands-on tasks or additional insights are warranted
With RFID tags, smart sensors and state-of-the-art software, data can now be analyzed in a revolutionary manner to create a more precise overview of exactly where a product is in process and examine any attention that is needed while it is in process.
Visibility is the key to shop floor and warehouse efficiency, and ID Integration has the tools to make the technology of capturing, analyzing, and communicating data information affordable. Imagine having your finger on the pulse of inefficiencies and asset tracking in real-time so that you can solve issues quickly.
This dream is a reality with our RFID solutions that fit a wide range of industries and applications:
- V-Tag™ Active RFID location tracking—We initially researched the feasibility of this system for tracking tools and WIP in the government and aerospace industries. The pilot programs were so successful that we partnered with the makers of V-Tags™, InfinID Technologies, to offer them to a wider market.The V-Tag™ active RFID tags simplify your view of products and parts in your supply chain. The reusable tags (each costing as little as $35) create an ad hoc mesh network by “talking” to each other—They eliminate the need to build costly antennas and infrastructure. Since no additional hardware and wiring is necessary upon installation, this V-Tag™ technology is available at half the cost of passive RFID systems.
The sensors on each tag pick up movement, to aid in production line location and asset tracking during audits. The asset movements appear in real-time on a computer map of your facility with AssetWorx!™ RFID Software. Be at the ready for audits. Tag parts, equipment, tools, and carts. Track work orders from receiving through completion.
- V-Tag GPS™ RFID tracking—Smart manufacturing based on the Internet of Things (IoT) has the stealth ability to extend the boundaries of asset location, plant operations, supply chain tracking, maintenance management, and work order processing beyond the physical walls of your warehouse, hospital, school, or production facility.V-Tag’s GPS RFID tags are built for the rigors of an outdoor environment. Activate and track remotely by smartphone or tablet, and follow asset movement in real-time using convenient mobile apps. Our free white paper gets into more depth about how IoT and cloud manufacturing transform asset tracking and audit preparation.
AssetWorx!™ RFID Software displays the real-time locations of your tagged assets on a software map for the outdoor V-Tag GPS RFID system, in addition to the V-Tag™ Active RFID tags created for indoor use. Use both systems, and AssetWorx!™ makes it possible to view and analyze data simultaneously. In fact, AssetWorx!™ bridges the gap between passive and active RFID systems, and interprets barcode tags, too, in order to merge data from a variety of sources.
- The Brady© CenSys RFID Reader—We’re proud to offer the first IoT RF reader commercially available! Track and locate thousands of assets with paper tags priced at only 15 to 20 cents per tag. With a reader that is available at less than $1000, this is the inexpensive RFID workhorse system build for the manufacturing floor, warehouse and office use. Simply plug in the IoT RF reader, which uses cloud technology instead of cables and infrastructure. The CenSys Reader works right from the box, without any need for IT knowledge or support. Yet, you can use a phone, tablet, or laptop to track assets using the cloud.
That’s how smart manufacturing works—It is the main force for creating a state-of-the-art production facility of trouble-free operations with streamlined WIP. The end result delights your customers while increasing your profits.
If you are new to RFID (Radio Frequency Identification) technology, or you need a brush up on how it works, visit our RFID FAQs page to get your questions answered. Use that info as a primer for understanding the ways RFID can save your company time and money.
Let our RFID team assist you in selecting the perfect RFID solutions to fit your company’s applications, regardless of your industry. We’ll customize the system that’s right for your needs and budget. Enter the world of smart manufacturing today and bring your company light years ahead in production efficiency. Let ID Integration be your guide: Contact us at 425-438-2533.